The award traces to An Unquiet Mind where the stated rules are:
This award is intended for those bloggers who demonstrate an inclination to think on their own. This is what I think is needed in today’s blogosphere. The term ‘Intellectual’ has often been derided in recent times, and this is one way to resurrect the true meaning: “An intellectual is one who tries to use his or her intellect to work, study, reflect, speculate on, or ask and answer questions with regard to a variety of different ideas.” The rules are:I hereby nominate:
1. If, and only if, you get tagged, write a post with nominations for 5 blogs that you think are of “Intellectual Bloggers”.
2. Optional: Link to this page so that people can easily find the exact origin of the meme.
3. Optional: Proudly display the ‘Intellectual Blogger Award’ with a link to the post that you wrote.
- Tree of Life (Jonathan Eisen; even though he doesn't like these memes)
- Aetiology (Tara Smith)
- Twisted Bacteria (Cesar Sanchez)
- Small Things Considered (Elio)
- Evolgen (RPM)
- Sandwalk (Larry Moran)